Turquoise Galaxies Nail Art

17 June 2013

Hi Everyone!

I am super excited for today's post! It is my first time creating galaxy nail art, I ended up creating two versions as I experimented with different colours. I will only be showing you one today and will save the other for a time when I am tight on time!

For this version, I used a lot blues and I LOVE the final look! Here's a picture...




I loved how easy it is to create this galaxy look! You basically start with a dark base colour and layer on other colours, glitters and shimmers using a sponge! I added a few dots to look like stars to complete the look!



To create this look:
  • I started with a coat of all in one base coat by essie 
  • I then applied one coat of I saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw by OPI, a dark blue creme. Yes, you read that right... just ONE coat. It won't be fully opaque but you will be layering a lot of other colours so it'll be impossible to see the bald spots. However, I did note that this polish is highly pigmented and it had almost perfect coverage with a medium-thick coat!
  • I then layered a lot of other colours using a sponge and added a few dots using blanc by essie.
  • I smoothed out the design and sealed in the nail art with a coat of Seche Vite!

Here is a list of the colours I used to sponge on the colours... there's no particular order since you just have to keep sponging until you're happy with the final look.
  • Hanging in the Balance by China Glaze - a deep turquoise blue creme
  • Can't Find My Czechbook by OPI - a dusty turquoise creme
  • in the cab-ana by essie - a bright aqua blue creme
  • Silver by Gosh - a bright silver foil
  • pure pearlfection by essie luxeffects top coat - a shimmery, pearly, iridescent top coat



Hope you enjoyed today's post! I am almost two thirds done this challenge, which means it's almost time for the nail based on inspirations!

- Hetal

8 comments:

  1. Wow awesome galaxy nails! It looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind that you're late with the challenge, this mani is awesome! Love that you used all blues 'cause it's like the ocean is reflected on deep space! Totally, absolutely amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Mina! Thank you so much. Your comments always make my day!! And yes, I love that its so blue!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! I love galaxy nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! One of the bests galaxy nails I have seen. I like that you didn't make them too dark :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top