Nail Polish Review - Covergirl Tropical Glosstinis

20 October 2013

Tropical... in October?! Yes, it's way past summer but I finally got around to editting and watermarking these swatches and I just had to share this beautiful collection!

Covergirl released their first line of mini polishes this summer called Glosstinis! The bottles are absolutely adorable and half the price, which is always welcome! I really like the idea of minis since I never get through most of my polishes!

Here is a collage of all 9 polishes in this collection... perfect for pinning and Instagram!




Overall Comments:

The formula was amazing! 2 coats of each for full opacity! Well, you could get away with one coat with some of the shades, but I am used to applying a thin first coat followed by a healthy second to be fully opaque. Some of the colours are not exactly unique, but each colour is still beautiful. AND like the name, glosstini, suggests, each of their formulas is super glossy without topcoat!

Click "Read more" to see a larger picture and detailed review of each swatch.


bahama mama: a shimmery pink-orange coral shade
Colour: Coral | Finish: Shimmer | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 7/10



Application: The formula was smooth and easy to work with... the first coat was slightly sheer and the second made it opaque.

Comments: This was the least glossy polish from this collection... but that's probably due to the shimmer! I really like the way it looks on me... shimmery yet subtle enough to be perfect for work!


orange oasis: a bright tangerine-orange shade
Colour: Orange | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 8/10



Application: A very smooth formula... like just amazing! It is almost a 1 coater but I used 2 for this look. And it is super glossy without topcoat!

Comments: This is such a fun colour for summer! It reminds me of tangerines and carrots! It's so juicy and beautiful... one of my favourites from this collection!


pink lady: a cool-toned bubblegum pink shade
Colour: Pink | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 7/10



Application: A very smooth formula... like just amazing! It is almost a 1 coater but I used 2 for this look. And it is super glossy without topcoat!

Comments: This is such a fun colour for summer! It reminds me of tangerines and carrots! It's so juicy and beautiful... one of my favourites from this collection!


lemon drop: a warm and bright sunflower yellow shade
Colour: Yellow | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 9/10



Application: No issues with formula... perfectly smooth! It is opaque in 2 thin coats and dries very glossy!

Comments: This is a colour would be perfect for my toes in the summer! It's warm, bright and sunny! This is one of those great basic colours!


blue hawaiian: a bright light blue shade
Colour: Blue | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 9/10



Application: Formula was smooth and easy to work with... fully opaque in 2 coats!

Comments: I always love an addition of blue polish in my collection and this is no exception! It is a super cute blue that I am sure to use in nail art!


appletini: a bright chartreuse green shade
Colour: Green | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 7/10



Application: Formula was smooth and easy to work with... fully opaque in 2 coats!

Comments: This polish is not as "apple green" as I'd expect with a name like appletini... it's a little yellower! It is a bit of an icky colour but could be perfect for Halloween themed nail art. It is definitely a unique addition to my collection


pina colada: a milky pastel yellow shade
Colour: Yellow | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 10/10



Application: Formula was smooth and easy to work with... it was a little streaky on the first coat but fully opaque in 2 coats!

Comments: I love love love this polish! I have been looking for a light pastel shade of yellow for a long time and I was so happy to see this on the rack! This is the polish that made me buy the collection! It's soooooooo perfect!!!


purple freeze: a sweet lavender purple shade
Colour: Purple | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 8/10



Application: Formula was very sheer on the first coat but was fully opaque on the second.

Comments: This polish is a very sweet and girly colour. Purples generally don't look good against my skin tone but such shades are nice to wear when you want a softer, girlier look.


sangria: a bright vivid red shade
Colour: Red | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 8/10



Application: This could have been a one coater but I applied two out of habit.

Comments: This is such a bright red... so classic yet so fun! It's always nice to add a classic red to my stash.


The names of the polishes are super fun and these polishes are great for nail art!

Here are some examples... click the caption for a link back to the original post.















- Hetal

2 comments:

  1. They are all gorgeous, but Pina Colada is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this awesome review. Later on tonight I'll be doing a GIVEAWAY of all 9 colors and more. www.disabledmommyof2.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top