31DC2014 - Day 12 - Stripes - Mustang

12 September 2014

It's Day 12 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Stripes!

This is the perfect opportunity to create some nail art with the new OPI Mustang Collection (swatches and reviews here). I wanted to create the infamous stripes found on many Mustangs in one of the classic colours combinations... red and black!




Although I wanted to create the thick double stripe on all 4 nails, my pinky isn't wide enough so I went with a simple stripe on the pinky and pointer fingers to create balance.

I started with 2 coats of Race Red by OPI (from the Mustang Collection) followed by 1 coat of good to go top coat by essie, which is a fast drying top coat and reduces the amount of time I have to wait before adding the stripes. I then applied my striping tape in the pattern you see and added 2 thin coats of Queen of the Road by OPI (also from the Mustang Collection). Lastly, I added a coat of good to go top coat for a glossy and shiny finish.


Classic and sexy... just like the Mustang! You can also follow the other bloggers participating in this challenge using the hashtag #31DC2014 on social media and check back tomorrow for Day 13!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


3 comments:

  1. Red and black is so classic together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. satta king
    play bazaar This encourages the illusion of shine and is better for your hair than heat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top