Nail Polish Review - Cirque Kontiki Collection

8 October 2014

Hi Everyone!

I am a little late in posting this collection because of the 31 Day Challenge in September but better late than never right?! I had swatched these before I started the challenge, which is why I'm sporting nubs so bear with me and I will have longer nails in future posts!

The Kontiki Collection by Cirque is inspired by the endless summer days and comprises of 3 limited edition lacquers each with a special color-shifting shimmer in a vivid translucent base. Below is a collage of the entire... perfect for Instagram and Pinterest!

Cirque Kontiki Collection

Overall Comments: Since the formula for all 3 shades is exactly the same... I'll comment about it here. All three have a brightly coloured jelly base that is translucent. Because of the jelly-like nature of these lacquers, they are sheer and require multiple coats. However, the good news is that they are all sel-levelling and dry very quickly to a semi-gloss finish and need some topcoat for gloss and shine. The final result is squishy goodness... just stunning!

Dear Dahlia:
Colour: Pink | Finish: Shimmer | # of Coats: 3 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 9/10

Comments: A bright pink jelly-like base with colour-shifting shimmer that flashes green and gold. It has a beautiful squishy look and the only reason I didn't give it a perfect score is because of my personal preference for cool tones over warmer ones like pinks and reds.

Cirque Dear Dahlia

Thicker Than Water:
Colour: Turquoise | Finish: Shimmer | # of Coats: 3 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 10/10

Comments: A bright turquoise-green jelly-like base with colour-shifting shimmer that flashes gold. We all know my love for shades of turquoise and this is a unique addition to my collection. An added bonus is that it does not stain upon removal! Although it looks like a true turquoise in the bottle, it definitely looks greener on the nails (might be because of the gold shimmer).

Cirque Thicker Than Water

Midsummer Night:
Colour: Blue | Finish: Shimmer | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 10/10

Comments: A cobalt blue jelly-like base with colour-shifting shimmer that flashes pink and gold. the flashes of pink in the shimmer give it an overall indigo/violet look that is absolutely GORGEOUS! Even with the dark colour, it has a beautiful glow about it. An added bonus again... no staining!

Midsummer Night Cirque

I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts on this collection.

I gave all three shades a high score but by favourite is definitely Midsummer Night followed by Thicker Than Water.

How I Wore It:
I used Thicker Than Water as the base colour for my Peacock Nail Art look from the Day 13 of the 31 Day Challenge.

http://www.mylifeinturquoise.blogspot.ca/2014/09/31dc2014-day-13-animal-print-peacock-feathers.html

- Hetal

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top