Cake Decorating Class

29 January 2013

My latest interest has been in baking and cake/cupcake/cookie decorating. There are so many talented bloggers that make the prettiest baked goods ever! I would bake more often, but I am not a fan of cleaning up a kitchen. I recently took a beginners cake decorating class at Artistic Cake Design and I had a lot of fun and made a super pretty (and girly) cake. 

Here is a picture of snowman decorated by starring the icing. The colors are hard to see but that is what we were provided with to practice starring with a #18 and #19 tip.


Here is a picture of the cake followed by a close up of the flowers. I used the #19 star tip to create the shell border around the top of the cake. I used the #32 star tip to create the shell border around the base of the cake and highlighted it with piping using the #3 tip. I used the #104 tip to create the roses and rose buds and the #352 leaf tip for the leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top