Sex and the City Bachelorette

31 January 2013

Sex and the City is one of my favourite shows, even though the series concluded a long time ago. I love watching re-runs even if I have watched that particular episode a couple times already. As you probably guessed, this post features my Sex and the City inspired mani.





Please note that this picture was taken in November 2012 and at the time I had not intended on posting it on a blog... so the colour of the pink may not be 100% accurate.

I used Essie's lights for the pink nails and Essie's blanc for the white nails. I then added Essie's luxeffects set in stone on my ring finger for some sparkle. This was the first time I used the luxeffects set in stone, and It applied very easily. I used two coats for this mani and I am very happy with the coverage. I also added the zebra stripes with a striping brush in black (a nameless brand). Surprisingly, adding the zebra pattern was not as difficult as I had expected. Although, the pattern could be improved. I finished off with some top coat (most likely Essie).

Below is the back story that lead to the creation of this mani... and some arts and crafts!

Last November, a close friend of mine got married. She asked me and some of her other friends to put together a bridal shower/bachelorette party. We had a hard time agreeing on a theme or concept for the party but we finally decided on the concept of a girl's night out inspired by Sex and the City.

I, of course, volunteered to be in charge of decorations and cutlery!


Colour scheme: PINK! BLACK! WHITE! (Inspired by the picture of Carrie Bradshaw above)
Other details: BLING! GLITTER! SILVER! SHOES! andddd ZEBRA STRIPES! (because zebra stripes make everything girlier and sexier)

Here is a collage of the decorations and set up from the party:

Top: "From Miss to Mrs" Banner
Middle Left: Pink and Black Zebra Striped Party Favours
Middle Right: Lingerie Table
Bottom: Backdrop and focus of the room!
I made the "From Miss to Mrs" banner with the party colours and used lots of silver glitter paper to add some sparkle to the room. The grey-ish looking background for each letter is the glitter paper that didn't photograph so well. I decided to use the silhouette of a shoe for the spaces between the words to carry on the Sex and the City theme (Since Carrie is obsessed with shoes in the series).

I also found these super awesome pink and black favour bags from Party City that matched our colour scheme perfectly AND they were in a zebra pattern! I made cute little tags to match with a little thank you note. Here is a close up of the tags on the favour bags. Of course, a pink shoe silhouette was added to make sure every last detail tied in with the party's theme!


The backdrop was made with lots and lots and lots of crepe paper rolls in pink and black. We also found curtains in silver and a white with pink holographic effect. We cut up the curtains and stuck them across the backdrop to add some sparkle and shimmer. The whole process of cutting up the crepe paper and sticking it all on the wall took about 2.5 hours! But all that work was totally worth it! Every picture from that night looks fabulous! Here is a picture of me and the bride-to-be (at the time... she is now happily married):

Me with the bride-to-be in my awesomely turquoise heels!

Hope you enjoyed this very long post and got some ideas for hosting a Sex and the City themed party with DIY decorations and a matching mani!

- Hetal

4 comments:

  1. Really original! Love the banner! A great way to make it personal and affordable for those looking to have a party on a budget... as well as creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Medvilv! :) Yes making all those decorations was a lot of fun and pretty easy... just time consuming!

      Delete
  2. amazing ideas!! I really like the backdrop even though it is time consuming it sure looks worth it! Thank you for sharing.

    D.V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! :) Yes, it was a lot of work but we had a lot fun taking pictures in front of it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top