Rainbow Rhinestones Nail Art

3 April 2013

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good long weekend... because I sure did! I am clearly super late in posting this week's challenge but better late than never, right?

So this week's manicure looks simple enough but it is super time consuming! I used my rhinestones for the first time since I ordered them from eBay a couple months ago. Picking up the little buggers with tweezers and sticking them on was quite tedious but I am happy with the final result.



To create this look:
  • I started with a coat of all in one base by Essie and then two coats of White On by Sally Hansen (Hard as Nails Xtreme wear)
  • Then comes the hard part! I picked out the colours I wanted to use from my set of rhinestones. I picked each rhinestone with my tweezers, dabbed a little bit of clear base coat on the underside and placed it on my nail. Repeat until you finish!
  • Finally, a thick coat of good to go top coat by Essie to hold all the rhinestones in place and to give it a little shine!

I had originally planned on placing the rhinestones in a straight line down the middle but my mum suggested a curve that runs diagonally across the nail to represent a rainbow and I think it worked better than my original idea! I did alternate the order of the colours to create some interest. 

Here is a blurry picture of my nails. I didn't blur it on Photoshop; I ended up taking the picture without allowing my camera some time to focus! But the effect is super cool and you can see the rainbow shape and colours really well. 


And here is a close up of my thumb:


I recently added buttons in the sidebar on the right with links to various social media sites where you can follow My Life in Turquoise. Since Google Reader will soon disappear, don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin! 

- Hetal

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea!
    look amazing :)

    Unfortunately, this was a bad weekend for me :( I've got temperature, a terrible headache and now I'm sneezing all and all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! :) Hope you're feeling better now!

      Delete
  2. I have nominated your blog for an award :)
    Please see all the details here:
    http://pimpedoutnails.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/nomination-for-best-blog-award.html

    You Rock!!!

    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate! I truly feel special! :) I will definitely post about this soon as I've been terribly busy lately. But I shall drop you a comment when I do post! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much Shilpa! I feel really special! :) I will definitely be posting this soon. I've just been terribly busy but I shall drop you a comment once I post! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top