Cherry Blossoms Nail Art

8 April 2013

For today's post, I have Cherry Blossoms on a beautiful gradient background. I was inspired by Natalie from Nailz Craze, specifically her Sakura Blossom Nail Art post. I was instantly inspired by the colours and the overall design that I pretty much copied a lot of it! Although her's is much more delicate with the details and has a nice sparkle, which I decided to skip.


It is so PERFECT for spring! I am in LOVE with the colours and how delicate the entire manicure looks!



To create this look:
  • I started one coat of all in one base coat by Essie
  • To create the gradient look, I started with 2 coats of fiji by Essie. I then used a sponge and painted one stripe of fiji and one of mint candy apple by Essie and dabbed it a few times on my nail until I was satisfied with the look. I added more polish to my sponge and repeated the process until I had finished all my nails. 
This is what it looked like once I was finished sponging...


To complete the gradient look:
  • I first used a brush dipped in nail polish remover and cleaned up all the nail polish I got onto my skin and cuticles.
  • I then applied a coat of good to go top coat by Essie to smooth out the texture the sponge had created and create a flowing, polished look.


To add the Cherry Blossoms:
  • Using my thinnest and smallest nail art brush dipped in smokin' hot by Essie, I drew branches on all my fingers.
  • I then used a dotting tool to place dots of various sizes in fiji and blanc by Essie to create the flowers. 
  • As always I finished off with a coat of good to go top coat by Essie to seal in the nail art! And this is the final result:

Hope you liked today's post!

- Hetal

11 comments:

  1. This is unbelievable... I feel like I say this all the time but it really is your best work.

    PS - You have cute hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the gradient by itself; mint and pink are so pretty together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! :) And I absolutely agree! I love the combination of mint and green :) Second time I've used this combination since I started blogging.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I'm uber envious of your nail art ability and your perfect nails! I was cursed with child like sized nail beds/nails. Even when they are "long" they're still so tiny. Not the best starting point for nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment! :) This really made my day!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top