Chic Spring Polka Dots Nail Art

5 March 2014

Hi Everyone!

For today's post, I have a very simple manicure featuring gold polka dots on a beautiful sea foam green background... a very chic look for Spring! Yes, it's still snowing and crazy cold outside but since it's March, spring feels just a tiny bit closer!

I mattified the original look... which one do you prefer?

essie absolutely shore


To create this look, I started with 2 coats of absolutely shore by essie. I then added the gold polka dots with my dotting tool with good as gold by essie. I finished off the look with good to go top coat by essie.

How gorgeous is this sea foam green shade by essie?!

essie absolutely shore

essie absolutely shore

At this point, I of course added a coat of matte about you top coat by essie to create a flat matte effect. I didn't think I could love this shade any more, but I was WRONG! It is absolutely GORGEOUS when it is in a matte finish!

essie absolutely shore matte

I really love polka dots because it takes very little time but makes your fingers fun and flirty! I would love to hear which look you liked better... glossy or matte?

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoyed today's post!

- Hetal

9 comments:

  1. I prefer glossy but both are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! :) Although I think I like the mattified look of the gold.

      Delete
  2. I love them both! Polka dots are my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment Lisa! Yes, polka dots are a go-to nail art design that never fails!

      Delete
  3. Looks great both ways...but matte!! It gives more contract between the metallic and the creme somehow! Also, holy cow- your dots are SO evenly spaced. Magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. contrast* even. Durrrr

      Delete
    2. Thanks Cait! I agree, the matte does showcase the gold more. So I guess it depends if you want a more subtle look or not.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, this is so pretty! I don't know which I prefer, it looks great both glossy and matte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the lovely comment Lisa! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top