31DC2014 - Day 16 - Geometric - Triangles

17 September 2014

It's Day 16 of the 31 Day Challenge (31DC2014) and today's prompt is Geometric! In the past, Day 16 used to be Tribal Print but the challenge has been updated by Sarah from Chalkboard Nails to be more culturally sensitive.

I think the use of any graphic shapes can definitely qualify to fit today's prompt. Initially I was going to add more triangles or do it in a different way but I liked how this turned out and decided not to add anything else. I also usually struggle with whether I like the matte or glossy versions and I think today the matte finish makes a bigger impact.





The base colour in this nail art is Lottie Dottie by KBShimmer. I didn't expect it to be so packed with glitter so initially I had applied 3 coats of it. I ended up removing it and starting with 1 coat of Angel with a Leadfoot by OPI (from the Mustang Collection) followed by 2 coats of Lottie Dottie by KBShimmer and this allowed me to control the amount of glitter on my nails without worrying about opacity.

With a thin paint brush, I freehanded the blue triangles with strut your stuff by essie (from the Summer 2014 Collection) and added the bright pink outline with too taboo by essie (from the Neon 2014 Collection). I finished off with 1 coat of good to go top coat by essie followed by 1 coat of matte about you by essie to give it the matte finish.

Below are pictures without the matte topcoat and you can see the glossy finish which brings out the brightness and depeness of all the colours.




I love the concept of using a crelly glitter base and adding nail art with the colours of the glitters. This is definitely one of my favourite looks of this challenge so far! Follow the other bloggers participating in this challenge with the hashtag #31DC2014 on social media and please check back tomorrow for Day 17!

Click HERE to check out all my 31DC2014 blog posts or check out my Pinterest 31DC2014 Board to see a compilation of all my challenge manicures.

- Hetal


5 comments:

  1. That crelly color is gorgeous! The geometric triangles look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The KBShimmer polish is so beautiful and I really like the triangles on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love this KBShimmer polish!

      Delete
    2. satta king
      play bazaar Air drying your hair encourages volume and discourages frizz. I

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top