Nail Polish Review - Gwen Stefani for OPI Holiday Collection (My Picks) - Winter 2014

28 November 2014

The Gwen Stefani for OPI Holiday Collection consists of 12 nail polishes plus a 6 piece nail effects collections (mainly glitter toppers) AND a special 18k Gold Top Coat. Now that is a lot of money to buy all of those polishes! The overall collection is quite boring with a few that are similar to other OPI shades (released in 2014) plus a lot of reds. I picked my 6 favourites that I believe to be unique... at least to my collection!

OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection

Overall Comments: My Picks include a mix of shimmers, cremes and even a glitter topper! Like most OPI polishes, the formulas were amazing and fully opaque in just 2 coats! I like to think that I picked some of the unique shades in this collection. Surprisingly the glitter topper was my favourite... I usually hate wearing glitter!

Red Fingers & Mistletoes
Colour: Red | Finish: Shimmer  | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 8/10

Comments: This was my pick from the red polishes in this collection. It has a jelly-like base with gold shimmer which makes the polish look like it is glowing from within. It applied very smoothly and dries to a glossy finish (no top coat in the swatch below). It is really a warm colour that is very festive for the holiday season.

OPI Red Fingers & Mistletoes

Just Beclaus
Colour: Burgundy | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 8/10

Comments: At first sight this may look like a common colour that you think you have. But it is definitely unique! Just Beclaus is a deep berry creme with strong red undertones... so I'd call it burgundy? Merlot? It is very pigmented, creamy and glossy. It did need a second coat for full opacity.

OPI Just Beclaus

Christmas Gone Plaid
Colour: Dark Green | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 9/10

Comments: This is a gorgeous evergreen creme polish. I love that it is a dark green polish that doesn't look black. It is obviously very green when you wear it. The formula is creamy, smooth to apply and provides great coverage after the 1st coat but perfectly opaque after 2 coats. It also dries to a glossy finish.

OPI Christmas Gone Plaid

Snow Globetrotter
Colour: White & Holographic | Finish: Glitter | # of Coats: 1 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 10/10
Layered Over: I Carol About You (from this collection)

Comments: This is my favourite polish from this collection! Snow Globetrotter is a mix or iridescent and white glitters in various sizes in a clear base. Layering this over a dark colour really makes it pop and makes the iridescent glitters shine in many differnet colours ranging from blue to turquoise to pink to orange. It also had an amazing glitter pay off... what you see is just ONE COAT!

OPI Snow Globetrotter

I Carol About You
Colour: Purple | Finish: Shimmer-Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 9/10

Comments: This is a royal purple creme with a very fine pink shimmer which you can see in some lights. The shimmer isn't super visible but it makes the polish look like it's glowing. The formula is amazing... smooth, creamy, opaque in 2 coats and dries to a glossy finish.

OPI I Carol About You

First Class Desires
Colour: Purple | Finish: Shimmer | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 9/10

Comments: This is similar to Red Fingers & Mistletoes in that it is a jelly-like base with a lot of gold shimmer in it... the only difference of course being the colour of the base. First Class Desires is has an eggplant purple base that looks very dark brown/black in low lighting. This was almost a one coater but needed a second coat to be fully opaque. It does try to a satin-y finish so I added topcoat for a shiny and glossy finish.

OPI First Class Desires

I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts on this partial collection.

If you want to see swatches and reviews of the remaining shades in this collection, you can visit some of my favourite swatches from the following bloggers: Nail That AccentPeachy Polish, Beauty Geeks, and Lydia's Nails.

My favourite is definitely Snow Globetrotter. In fact, if you are only going to get one polish from this collection... you need to get yourself a bottle of Snow Globetrotter. Which shades are your favourites? I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments below!

GIVEAWAY: Just a quick reminder... I am hosting a giveaway for the Bundle Monster CYO 2014 stamping plate set. Click HERE to enter and good luck!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Some great fall/winter colors here. I'm loving that Globetrotter glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lisa! Snow Globetrotter was a definite winner in this collection!

      Delete
  2. Red Fingers & Mistletoes is so stunning! Great swatches hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas Gone Plaid is lovely and I like the last one very much too, it looks very chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great polishes for sure! I really love all 6 that I picked out!

      Delete
  4. I love all of them but First Class Desires is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top