Guest Post by Amateur Manicure

24 December 2014

Hi Everyone! While I'm away on vacation, I am super lucky to have several bloggers guest post for me! Next up is Suzann from Amateur Manicure. I have a major crush on her blog! She has the most beautiful nails, pictures, swatches and gorgeous nail art! Seriously... amazing! I am super excited that she agreed to guest post for me today. Let's check out what she prepared. 
______________________________________________

Hello, My Life in Turquoise readers! I’m so excited and honored to share this guest post with you while Hetal is enjoying some time away. As soon as she invited me to post, I got right to work brainstorming possible nail art ideas—and thanks to her blog’s cute name, the concept I kept coming back to was “turquoise.” (So original, I know!)


I love turquoise stone nails in the classic turquoise blue shades, but I wanted to try a more unconventional color palette this time around. Red and gold are big this time of year, of course, and red & black is one of my all-time favorite color combinations, so this look felt like a natural choice for me.


There’s quite a bit more gold in these nails than in actual red turquoise stone, but what can I say—I can’t resist the sparkle! I think that extra pop would make this a fantastic manicure to pair with a little black dress at a swanky holiday party.



For my base color, I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Red My Lips and then added a little Julep Anisa with a crumpled ball of saran wrap to give the red some extra depth. Next, using more saran wrap, I added the gold: Priti NYC Polish in Chrysanthos. Finally, to get the crackly, veined effect with the black, I dripped Julep Cleopatra into water (similar to the beginning of a water marble) and misted it with hairspray before dipping each nail one by one. Everything is topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat.


Thanks for having me, Hetal!
______________________________________________

Awwwww! I love the festive take on my favourite coloured stone! I love how you were inspired by my blog name... an amazing personal touch! Like Suzann mentioned, a look like this would look AMAH-ZING at a swanky holiday party this season. Thank you so much Suzann for preparing this amazing guest post for my blog!

Let's show Amateur Manicure some love on social media. You can find Suzann on Facebook, Twitter, InstagramPinterestBloglovin and Tumblr. And don't forget to stop by her blog for absolutely beautiful nail art looks and stunning pictures!


post signature

5 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top