Nail Polish Review - KBShimmer Fall 2014 Collection (My Picks)

24 October 2014

Earlier this week, when I posted my swatch, review and nail art using You Autumn Know from the KBShimmer Fall 2013 Collection, I mentioned that I had purchased a few from this year's fall collection.

I picked 4 shades from the KBShimmer Fall 2014 Collection and they all just happened to be cool colours. I am in love with their creme formula and just had to pick up all three creme shades and I have always been a fan of KBShimmer's glitter-crellies, so I had to get one of those as well.


Overall Comments:
These aren't your traditional fall colours but somehow they just feel so right... I just love the soft, dusty quality of these colours. Although creme formulas are fairly new for KBShimmer, they have maintained an amazing formula over the last 3 collections. Each and every single creme polish is buttery smooth, super pigmented and very glossy. The one glitter-crelly that I picked is also a beautiful pairing of a dusty blue with bright pops of glitter. As expected the crelly formula was amazing too.


How You Dune: "greige" creme polish
Colour: Grey-Beige | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 8/10

Comments: The formula is amazingly smooth and highly pigmented such that you can get away with wearing just 1 coat... especially if you add nail art or stamping on top of it. I did add a second coat to ensure perfect opacity for my close-up shots. This shade is the perfect blend of a creamy beige and a light grey. The light colour and pigemented formula make this perfect as a base colour for nail art.

KBShimmer How You Dune

Hugs And Wishes: blue-leaning lavendar creme polish
Colour: Lavendar | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 8/10

Comments: This shade had a weird formula... it was very sheer after the first coat but built up to perfect opacity after the second. I am normally not a fan of purple polishes especially pastel shades but I like how this looks on me... it is probably the blue undertones that make it flattering. It is a little untraditional for Fall, but the dustiness makes it feel right for the season. It was really interesting how the polish separated on the cotton pads when I removed it into a blue main polish and a pink halo around it.

KBShimmer Hugs And Wishes

Flannel Surfing: faded blue crelly base with orange, aqua, white and graphite glitter
Colour: Blue w/ Orange, Aqua, White & Graphite | Finish: Glitter-Crelly | # of Coats: 2 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 10/10

Comments: The dusty blue crelly base with grey undertones is so beautifully paired with bright pops of glitter in orange, aqua, white and graphite. The formula is very smooth and thin with a great glitter payoff. It was perfectly opaque in 2 coats and did not require any dabbing or glitter placing. The base is a bit of a chameleon... sometimes it looks more blue and other times it looks more grey. Overall, I love it and the name just makes me smile!

KBShimmer Flannel Surfing

Stonewashed: dusty navy creme polish
Colour: Navy | Finish: Creme | # of Coats: 1 | Topcoat: Yes | Rating: 9/10

Comments: This is a dusty denim blue shade with green and grey undertones. It is nice and dark for fall with the right amount of dusty. Oh and it is a ONE coater! Yes, it was perfectly opaque in just one coat, which means it will be perfect for stamping. The formula is buttery smooth, highly pigmented and dries to a super glossy finish. The slightly thicker formula provides a greater control when applying it.

KBShimmer Stonewashed

I hope you enjoyed my swatches and review of this partial collection.

If you want to see swatches and reviews of the remaining polishes from this collection, you can visit some of my favourite bloggers: Peachy Polish, The Nail Polish Challenge, Kelli Gonzo and Chit Chat Nails!

My favourite are Flannel Surfing followed by Stonewashed. Which one is your favourite? I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts below.

- Hetal

5 comments:

  1. These are pretty and nice picks too. I really like Flannel Surfing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I agree that Flannel Surfing is definitely the winner here!

      Delete
  2. Definitely Flannel Surfing takes the first place for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree with you!! I couldn't wait to try out Flannel Surfing from the time I saw the press releases!

      Delete
  3. satta king
    play bazaar getting enough sleep or smoking tobacco means your hair will not look good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top