Pink Nail Art for Breast Cancer Awareness

29 October 2014

Although October is almost over, as I'm sure many of you know, it is still Breast Cancer Awareness month. I wanted to help spread awareness in my little corner of the internet by sporting some pink nail art. The most shocking statistic I have read is that 1 in 9 women in Canada is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime (by the age of 90). This is definitely a touch subject that affects people in different ways so I will keep this post short and sweet.

Almost every nail polish brand releases special pink polishes in support of Breast Cancer Awareness and donate money for research. Although I didn't pick up any polishes from the 2014 collections, I did pick some up last year and used those to create this simple look.



Since I created this gradient polka dots look for the 31DC2014, I have been meaning to recreate it in a different colour combination and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

To create this look:
  • I started with 2 coats of blanc by essie as the base colour for this look
  • I then added the polka dots using good morning hope, check-up and i am strong all by essie from the 2013 Breast Cancer Awareness collection
  • On my ring finger, I added the polka dots in a ribbon pattern
  • I finished off the look with good to go top coat by essie


I hope this post inspires you to research Breast Cancer and make sure you get regular check up! :) Until next time....

- Hetal

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Love the idea of using various colored pink dots to create the ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! :) I am pretty sure I saw the idea of that somewhere on Instagram but it's been replicated so many times that it is hard to find the original creator.

      Delete
  2. The pink ribbon made from dots looks very delicate, this is a very creative idea! This is a gorgeous to raise awareness! I made this month just pink manicures, because this cause is very close to my heart, I know how hard is to fight this horrible disease, unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea. I am glad this post touched you and I will come check out all of your pink manis :) Stay strong!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous dotty manicure - the ribbon is exceptionally well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lifestyle influences the way your hair looks. Being stressed, satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top