Turquoise & Pink Explosive Nail Art

18 April 2013

Hey everyone! For today's manicure I use scotch tape to create an explosion design. I learnt this technique and design from the Explosion Tutorial by Nailside. Jane's tutorials are amazing and her blog is one of the first that I started following. Her blog has been a huge inspiration for me to start my own and I have been meaning to try out some of her tutorials!




To create this look:
  • I started with a coat of all in one base followed by 2 coats of in the cab-ana by Essie.
  • I taped up my nails to create the explosion effect and painted a coat of Silver by Gosh. I re-taped my nails so that I would have some silver showing and painted the ends with Posh Pink by Rimmel London
  • I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite to smooth out the lines and add some shine!
In the cab-ana is definitely my favourite colour right now and I am super happy that I got to show it with some nail art today. I am loving the colour combination and the overall look of a tape manicure! Jane from Nailside can do WONDERS with tape and her tutorials make it so easy to learn how to create such beautiful nail art! 


I hope you liked today's look!

- Hetal

11 comments:

  1. I adore this! So perfectly painted too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! I am really loving how sharp the edges are and how perfectly you have done it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Paulina! I love using tape for that particular reason! Makes it so much neater than freehand! :)

      Delete
  3. soo pretty! i love that pink and your lines are so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment :) Yes, I love using tape for the crisp lines! Such a convenient tool

      Delete
  4. Hetal this is such an amazing look!! Love the colours, love the neatness of it all and I only wish you'd tried the matte finish for this one ;) It would've looked marvellously comic book like :D
    Ps. agree with you: Nailside is fantastic with tape manicures! She takes it to a whole different level ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mina! That is an amazing suggestion! I have a very cheap matte top coat. I need to buy/invest in a better one and I will definitely use it more in the future!

      And yes, Nailside is such an inspiring blog. I love how she makes it so easy for everyone else to learn how to pull off such great looks :)

      Delete
  5. This says BAM! to me! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I agree, it does scream BAM!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top